ColorProof tell you all you need to know on how to take hair from the catwalk to your home
Last season ColorProof took to the runway for their first London Fashion Week debut, teaming up with designers Vin + Omi. Lead stylist Liam Cullen worked the models’ hair into gaint curly styles, achieved by sewing wigs together. To get volume and curl as seen on the catwalks, Liam recommends achieving the look on afro hair using bantu knots. The smaller the knot, the tighter the curl.
1. Wash and condition your hair with SuperPlump Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner. This range is designed for hair in need of body and fullness. This revolutionary, sulphate-free volumising shampoo cleanses while infusing weightless body,fullness and sunstoppable colour protection.
2. Towel dry hair, then comb through putting in parting.
3. Apply LiftIt Color Protect Foam Mouse and two pumps of TruCurl Anti-Frizz Oil. The Mouse will give you hold and volume whilst the oil with give you smoothness and moisture.
4. Dry your hair 90%
5. Take sections 2 – 4 inches in width, depending on your hair thickness and desired look (the smaller the section the tighter the curl)
6. Start to twist the hair tight until it starts to form a knot. One the knot is formed, secured with a Kirby or section clip.
7. Repeat this process on the head.
8. Dry the knots with a hairdryer or leave to naturally dry.
9. Once hair is bone dry remove your clips and undo all knots.
10. Shake your hair and run fingers through as you don’t want to loose the great texture.